ACFW Virginia is pleased to introduce faculty member, Lisa Betz.
Seven Story Blunders and the Story World Secrets to Avoid Them.
About the Workshop
Do you know what entices a reader’s brain and what frustrates it? This talk covers seven common mistakes made by writers and the “Story World” secrets that explain how to overcome them and create a satisfying story. Based on material from Wired for Story: The Writer’s Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence by Lisa Cron.
Award-winning writer Lisa E. Betz believes that everyone has a unique story to tell the world.
She loves inspiring fellow writers to be more intentional about developing their craft and
courageous in sharing their words. Lisa shares her words through speaking, leading Bible
studies, writing historical mysteries, and blogging about living intentionally. She is also the
managing editor of Almost an Author, a website for writers.
5 Fast Facts
- I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- I have been a substitute teacher and a high school drama director
- One fall when I couldn’t find a suitable script, I (quickly) wrote a melodrama, and let the students have input into their characters. It was a big hit.
- I am a connoisseur of dark chocolate and aged cheese.
- I have been a scuba diver since high school.
The 2019 ACFW Virginia Writer’s Conference will be held on November 9, 2019, at Purcellville Baptist Church in Purcellville, Virginia. Click here to learn more about the conference or to register.